The World Affairs Council of Kentucky and Southern Indiana is pleased to welcome an International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) Regional Project for South and Central Asia to Louisville under the auspices of the U.S. Department of State! The program, titled “Ending Gender Based Violence” will take place from March 13th through 16th, 2017. WAC has partnered with World Learning to bring the delegation to Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
The Department of State has outlined the following specific objectives for the project:
- Examine the impact of gender-based violence on families and communities and the benefits of preventing such violence
- Examine social service agencies involved in gender-based and domestic abuse prevention and treatment and assistance to victims
- Review treatment program protocols for abusers, from intake to reintegration into the community;
- Demonstrate public/private partnerships and cooperative efforts to improve community welfare and prevent domestic abuse; and
- Illustrate various types of public advocacy campaigns.