|Job Title:||Marketing, PR and Communications Coordinator|
|Positions Type:||Part time (up to 25 hours/wk) or Contract|
WAC is seeking a Marketing/PR and Communications professional to drive public awareness of and engagement with WAC through various publicity, communications and marketing efforts. This includes working with the ED and marketing committee to strategize and implement a new branding initiative. The individual will assist in messaging and communicating the impact of WAC’s various programs to members and stakeholders, with the goal of increasing program attendance and participation. Specifically, this will include identifying groups for marketing outreach and partnership building, increasing awareness through PR outreach, and implementing communications plan (i.e. website, social media and newsletters).
- Build and grow marketing partnerships with relevant organizations
- Increase local media presence/exposure of key programs, events, etc. in a variety of media platforms (print, radio, TV, web)
- Coordinate and implement communication strategy that connect and engage the public
- Manage content for website, social media, newsletters and other communications
- Manage the production of marketing materials such as annual reports, posters, signage, flyers and brochures
- Coordinate and implement marketing committee work and other committees as needed
- Coordinate event marketing activities with staff and interns (photography, recordings, summaries, etc.)
- Work with the Executive Director and relevant board committees
- Strong people and partnership development skills
- Excellent time management with strong attention to details
- Strong messaging/communication skills (writing and verbal)
- Comfortable with website management
- Familiarity with or have had experience with a variety of online marketing, social media and donor management tools, such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or comparable platforms
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Graphic design experience desirable but not necessary, but a good sense for design is
Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree, or two-year Associate Degree with at least two years’ professional work experience
- Entrepreneurial and with initiative to help identify and develop new opportunities
- Capacity to be flexible and undertake the range of duties efficiently in a variety of contexts and times
- Flexibility to work during off hours for events as scheduled
- Driver’s license & own car for regular errands and meetings
About the WAC:
The World Affairs Council of Kentucky & Southern Indiana (WAC) is a non-profit member-based organization whose mission is to promote global awareness, education and connections through a Speaker Series, International Visitor Exchange programs, Education and other Special Events. WAC develops students to be global citizens and engages the local public on the most pressing international issues of the day and prospects for the future.
WAC is a member of the World Affairs Councils of America and Global Ties U.S., two national networks that promote global dialogue and international exchange.
If interested, please send resume to [email protected].