The World Affairs Council of Kentucky and Southern Indiana is pleased to welcome an International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) Multi-Regional Project to Louisville under the auspices of the U.S. Department of State!
The program, titled, “Change Makers: Women in Social and Political Sectors,” will take place from June 11th through 15th, 2017. WAC has partnered with Global Ties U.S. and the Institute of International Education to bring the delegation to Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
The Department of State has outlined the following specific objectives for the project:
- Examine the U.S. political system and the participation of women leaders at the local, state, and national levels;
- Explore programs and initiatives that encourage young women to get involved in civic activities including politics, run for office, and run effective campaigns;
- Introduce the role that women’s organizations take in shaping political dialogue and gain an understanding of effective interaction and support among women across various sectors;
- Highlight legislation and programs that promote equal pay and fair treatment for women in the workplace and promote the value of women’s contributions in the home and as caregivers for the young and the elderly; and
- Introduce initiatives and legislation that address women’s needs in the social arena including health care and education.