March 20 – 26, 2019
Countries: Armenia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Lebanon, South Africa, and Sudan
Project: Youth and Civic Engagement
No. of Visitors: 6
- Examine leadership strategies and communication skills used to manage political and social challenges while balancing divergent social demands and interests;
- Explore advocacy strategies that facilitate social empowerment and justice;
- Discuss how public-private partnerships foster political and civic engagement;
- Review political, social, and economic policy formulation and the various players who influence the decision-making processes; and
- Illustrate the value of community service and volunteerism in U.S. communities.
|Themes in Louisville:
- The role of local governments in promoting youth engagement
- Youth employment and economic opportunity
- Leadership and civic education in schools
- U.S. Civil Rights history and legacy
WAC is seeking volunteers to host these visitors in their home over a meal! Dates could be: March 21, 22 or 25th. Please contact [email protected] for details!
This delegation will be in Louisville under the auspices of the U.S. Department of State International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP).