Now Hiring: Program and Events Coordinator
|Job Title:||Program and Events Coordinator|
|Positions Type:||Part time (up to 25 hours/wk)|
The Program and Events Coordinator will coordinate and support program and event logistics, including: speaker engagement, vendor communications, event day implementation, and post- event data processing. The Coordinator will work closely with all staff and provide support as needed.
As the Program and Events Coordinator, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with Executive Director (ED) on speaker program engagements and scheduling
- Manage event and speaker logistics (catering, venue confirmations, flight/hotel arrangements, speaker and program agenda, etc.)
- Manage event day staffing and materials
- Assist marketing/PR coordinator in event promotion through various platforms (i.e. website, emails, brochures, signs)
- Support ED in development efforts including communications,
- Communicate with members and maintain membership database to ensure renewals and new member materials are sent out in a timely fashion
- Maintain, update, and ensure accuracy of CRM database
- Work effectively on a team with all staff and assist with duties and projects as needed
Qualifications and Expectations
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, international studies, marketing or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one year work experience required.
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Be able to abide by deadlines and work efficiently on a variety of tasks.
- Promote teamwork by sharing ideas, impressions and suggestions with WAC staff and board members
- Be flexible and willing to lend a hand with various tasks outside of direct responsibilities.
- Maintain flexibility and understanding toward delegated assignments and unforeseen programming needs
- Have flexibility in work schedule to ensure attendance at events
- Dress professionally and appropriately for all meetings and events.
- Reliable transportation
About the WAC:
The World Affairs Council of Kentucky & Southern Indiana (WAC) is a non-profit member-based organization whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, education and tolerance through nonpartisan and quality programming on current international issues for the state of Kentucky and Southern Indiana. As a member of the World Affairs Councils of America, the WAC seeks to engage diplomats and experts across diverse fields to inform, stimulate and connect our community to the most pressing international issues of the day and prospects for the future. Through our Speaker Series, International Exchange and Global Education programs, WAC strives to be a leader in global exchange, dialogue and learning.
If interested, please send resume to [email protected].
Now Hiring Drivers
We’re currently seeking one to two experienced, part-time contract drivers. WAC drivers are pivotal to the success of our Visitor Programs and get to regularly engage with our international exchange participants. Drivers must have Kentucky drivers license, pass a background check, and submit driver’s work history. WAC drivers must enjoy engaging with international visitors and be professional representatives of our organization.
Programs and projects can be between 2 days to 1 month, so hours must be flexible. Most programs remain in the local Louisville area, but some programs take place in other parts of the state (in which case room is covered).
WAC provides the vehicle.
Daily Rate – $110/day + food per diem
Interested parties should submit a work history to [email protected]