|Job Title:||Program and Events Coordinator|
|Positions Type:||Part time (up to 25 hours/wk)|
The Program and Events Coordinator will coordinate and support program and event logistics, including: speaker engagement, vendor communications, event day implementation, and post- event data processing. The Coordinator will work closely with all staff and provide support as needed.
As the Program and Events Coordinator, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with Executive Director (ED) on speaker program engagements and scheduling
- Manage event and speaker logistics (catering, venue confirmations, flight/hotel arrangements, speaker and program agenda, etc.)
- Manage event day staffing and materials
- Assist marketing/PR coordinator in event promotion through various platforms (i.e. website, emails, brochures, signs)
- Support ED in development efforts including communications,
- Communicate with members and maintain membership database to ensure renewals and new member materials are sent out in a timely fashion
- Maintain, update, and ensure accuracy of CRM database
- Work effectively on a team with all staff and assist with duties and projects as needed
Qualifications and Expectations
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, international studies, marketing or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one year work experience required.
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Be able to abide by deadlines and work efficiently on a variety of tasks.
- Promote teamwork by sharing ideas, impressions and suggestions with WAC staff and board members
- Be flexible and willing to lend a hand with various tasks outside of direct responsibilities.
- Maintain flexibility and understanding toward delegated assignments and unforeseen programming needs
- Have flexibility in work schedule to ensure attendance at events
- Dress professionally and appropriately for all meetings and events.
- Reliable transportation
About the WAC:
The World Affairs Council of Kentucky & Southern Indiana (WAC) is a non-profit member-based organization whose mission is to promote global awareness, education and connections through a Speaker Series, International Visitor Exchange programs, Education and other Special Events. WAC develops students to be global citizens and engages the local public on the most pressing international issues of the day and prospects for the future.
WAC is a member of the World Affairs Councils of America and Global Ties U.S., two national networks that promote global dialogue and international exchange.
If interested, please send resume to [email protected].